Thursday, July 22, 2010

Changes

This morning I decided it's time to change.

I started with my blog background; that's probably the most noticeable change I'll be making.  Cute, isn't it? Then I redid my playlist a bit, have a listen and enjoy :)

On a more serious note and more importantly, I've decided to change my attitude. The past couple days I have been stressing. And I'd like to think I've had due cause for stress! With my boss deciding to close the daycare in the afternoons and with school starting up soon, come the end of August my hours will be literally cut in half...and that's if I'm LUCKY.  Let's not even get into the financial poop being flung at Stephen right now when it comes to loans and all the expenses that keep popping up!  So, yes. I have been stressed.

But...I am still sooooo, so blessed. For example, when fires were raging on all sides of Flagstaff, I was protected enough that I didn't have to evacuate. Now, all those areas that had vegetation burned away are being demolished by monsoon-spawned floods.  A 12-yr-old girl has died... and entire homes have been destroyed.  Burned carcasses of wild animals that died in the fires are washing down the mountains into people's yards.  Pets are being pinned against fences and killed.  Every single loose belonging in houses are being swept away.  Leftover ash is mixing with dirt, creating black sludgey mud almost a foot deep.

These are some things I've missed out on:















Makes you think, doesn't it.  Time for a perspective makeover, Amy! Sure, my financial stability is a little questionable. But at least I have a steady job...I have *2* steady jobs. I have the gospel. I have the best family EVER  I am receiving a great education. I get to enjoy the beauty of a mountain thunderstorm without being afraid my home will be destroyed by a lightning-induced fire or a mudslide or a flash flood. And my personal favorite...I am marrying the most wonderful man alive.

Life is good.

No comments:

The Soundtrack to My Life ....Ideally.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones