Monday, July 19, 2010

Because.

I'M GETTING MARRIED!
I am aware that if I shout that out one more time, I will thoroughly annoy several people. But it's true...it's happening! It is happening, despite everything I did to furiously try to prevent it.

Meet my fiance:


Stephen Hale, in a nutshell.

You may THINK this isn't a very good picture of him, as you can't see his face...buuuut it's a pretty spot-on accurate depiction of him! He loves his guns almost more than he loves me. And this is him with his AK-47, which is one of his favorite toys. :)

Let me let you all in on a not-so-secret little secret:

I wasted about 3 months of my life away, trying to find a diplomatic way to kick Stephen out of my life. (I did a GREAT job, right?) Looking back, I realize I was just being stubborn and bull-headed, which is no surprise to anyone who knows me.  Sparing you all the unnecessary details, I'll just say this...I honestly believed with all my heart that Stephen and I would never work together. And I told this, very adamantly, to everyone in the world. (which made me feel that much sillier when he and I started dating) :)

My main complaint? "He's just...too nice. Too sweet." And to think I actually got frustrated at people telling me I was ridiculous for saying that!  Turns out, that is exactly the reason WHY we work so well together.  Never have I been with someone more perfect for me.  I thought I needed tough love, because I prefer people to be straight up and blunt with me. Stephen showed me that it's possible to be blunt and tender at the same time.

What would possess me to marry the one man I specifically claimed I could never be with? When he dropped down on one knee, why say yes...?

Because.

Because he knows his Savior, and loves Him enough to live the gospel.
Because he is the most dedicated, determined person I have ever met.
Because he is hardworking.
Because he has his priorities straight.
Because he is SUCH a dork, and is 100% comfortable with that fact :)
Because he's taught me to "keep smiling" even when I just really don't want to.
Because we can be (and are) completely open and honest with each other. No secrets.
Because he loves kids.
Because from our very first date, I have been able to be absolutely myself around him.
Because he respects me the way I deserve.
Because he reminds me to respect myself.
Because he makes me laugh. Every day.
Because we know how to disagree without fighting.
Because he is beyond patient with me.
Because he is a fantastic listener.
Because he will be an amazing, loving husband and father.

I love him.

1 comment:

Linda and Rhonda said...

You forgot a very necessary one!
Because he has awesome family and I want to be related to them.
Good one Amy! He is a great man and I'm so excited for you guys!!!
~Rhonda~

The Soundtrack to My Life ....Ideally.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones