Thursday, February 12, 2009

Firsties!

there have been a couple "firsts" that have happened to me the past 5 months or however long its taken me to update this blasted thing. one of them being....

MY FIRST SNOW DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

here's a little before and after for ya...my porch pre-snowfall, and currently:










yes...its crazy. that lamppost is taller than i am. ITS COLD!!! and i dont like it!! but maybe thats just because i haven't made a snowman yet...i'm sure i would enjoy the snow much more if i took the time to play in it :) perhaps soon...perhaps.


haha here's a picture of the creepy empty apartment right above ours.

i think the icicles are a nice touch, yah?

another first that i had was my first blind date! jordan (my roomie) and her boyfriend chase decided to set me up w/ chase's cousin, kimball hansen. i stole a picture off of his blog and am putting it up here for the world to see! muahaha! (assuming the whole world views my blog.) meet kimball hansen:



look at that grin...CLEARLY he's plotting something, concocting some devious plan which will lead to someone's demise. prolly chase's (sorry chase! haha). no but really he's pretty much hilarious and has changed my life...kinda. :P changed in the way that now i "beep" out half of the things i say (my previous post makes reference to that) because we can't tolerate any sort of swearing, now, can we? and also, i've had the song "africa" by toto stuck in my head for the past blasted week, my goodness! its like the soundtrack in my head is stuck on repeat...lol.

welp, those are the only *major* firsts that really happened that i can think of. other minor firsts include, my first bruising-of-the-tailbone as i slip multiple times on the treacherous ice and slush plaguing the streets of flagstaff, my first dinner party hosted at our apartment (the first time using my slow cooker i got for christmas! woot) and my first addiction to the office. me and my roommates have watched the first four seasons within a couple months. we're THAT dedicated. :)

ah i should go get ready for work now...time to trudge through the snow uphill both ways! literally. i am SO gonna be one of those moms who plays that card against her kids when they whine! o yah ;)

later! (but hopefully not too much later...i'll try to be better about updating!)

1 comment:

Jolly 'Ol Mr. Huber said...

I watch the first four seasons of The Office in about a week. Funniest week ever in the history of the world.

The Soundtrack to My Life ....Ideally.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones